Blog Archive

Sunday, August 26, 2007

End of Treatment Party...... The Review and other Ramblings

Perfect. Perfect weather, Perfect place, Perfect group, Perfect amount of food, Perfect timing.

What more could any one ask. I took a moment every now and then and just looked around. I saw people that had helped us in so many ways do what we needed to do. Sometimes it was a phone call or a roasted chicken. Sometimes it was an e-mail or a varied box of presents for M-E to open on the bad days. It was a basket of magazines and balloons, a bouquet of cookies or just a hug when I was weary. A Tully's card, a chance to go to the grocery story.

Frederica was a miracle. A life changing event.

I know that I have said this before that this blog is done. We have told the tale of Frederica, we have whined and complained and asked for prayers and burned enough candles to create global warming. We have been on a very very long journey and for once this really does feel like a stopping point. A time of new beginnings.

M-E starts her sophomore year tomorrow. This is the first start of school that is not under the Leukemia cloud. Only a few appointments this year. No worries about chemo and radiation. No scheduling of port removal. No hair to sweep up. Just a normal year.

It is time. I am facing my own little adventure this fall. Much less dramatic. I might jot a few words now and then. I am sure nothing earth shattering. Our ties with the hospital are strong but not moment to moment. We will keep in touch with the hospital and lend a hand to any family that needs to know what to worry about and what to ignore when they get the invitation to Cancer World.

We will never truly leave this behind but for now we are just knowing and wise visitors, Elder statepersons in Cancer World.

I will put some pictures here from the party but this is pretty much the end of Frederica's Wild Ride. It is time to make August a time of happy things, road trips, friends visiting, tomatoes ripening. September a time of new beginnings. Friday the 13th just another day, (unless there is a full moon).

It is time for me to spend some time doing some work making this blog useful for someone who has just started. This backwards stuff is hard for someone that just heard the word ANC or PIIC line for the first time.

Thank-you for everything. Thank-you for your prayers and thoughts and gifts of time and food and friendship. Thank-you.

Tomorrow is another day and it starts at 5:30 a.m. I wonder if I have any coffee. I am going to need it before the carpool gathers and we head to Holy Names for the first day of her second year in high school..........

As always, we need lots of prayers, and candles and good thoughts coming our way.


No comments: