Blog Archive

Friday, December 17, 2004

One more Thing

What a day! Surgery and Chemo all in one day. When am I going to learn that I need to not do evething at once. I guess it is the feeling that I have that there is just no more time for any more trips to the hosptital. I keep trying to make this process easier and fail.

We were in the hospital at 7:30 a.m. We checked in for surgery. I was forced to leave the area because I had a cup of coffee. Evidently there are children that eat and drink and are upset about seeing people eat and drink. What a surprise?

We were checked in and seeing the doctor and were told that Mary-E had been bumped. Evidently there was an emergency and they took that child first. Can you imagine that they would do an emergency procedure first? The nerve. We switched gears and headed to the Hem/Onc clinic for chemo. M-E had to have the IV in her hand while she was awake.

That was the start of the slide downhill. Her chemo made her sick, they forgot that we at the clinic, the surgery went well but then the PICC was placed in a weird place and she had to have the dressing changed and then it hurt and she is upset and she is worried and she is just sad.

She had a good night's sleep and I hope things will look better this morning. We are supposed to go to a Christmas Party tonight. Everyone is hoping she can go. Not more than I.

I am hoping to get some time at Christmas. I have to have some time with her. I have to try and find my daughter and return her to reality.


No comments: