Blog Archive

Friday, December 31, 2004

Isabel and Mary-E


I am so sorry I am not smart enough to post a picture of the sisters. I have a couple. If you e-mail me I will send it to you. I have figured that part out. The best place is Quilting_goddess@msn.com.

Ana, Johnny and Isabel came for dinner last night. Isabel walks in the door and asks for M-E. She is so bonded to her. I on the other hand am the scary stranger. I love children with a sixth sense. Isabel has those deep knowing eyes. The ones that penetrate your soul and let you know that there is more to this life than we sometimes acknowledge.

The sisters are doing well and so are the parents. Normalization of the relationships is going better than anyone could believe but we all are learning to accept that will never know the answer to "Why did Johnny forget to tell everyone.?" I will be letting everyone know when Lupe arrives. I am sure I can sell tickets to the "Lupe hitting Johnny upside the head" show.

M-E ate her Ana's tostadas. They were good and they were gone in a flash. M-E loves when someone cooks Mexican food for her. I am hoping that Ana will be teaching both the girls. I have tried but I don't have the right touch.

We are all still looking for a source for tamales. There has to be someone in this part of the world that makes some that are acceptable. David's wife sent some from Visalia California that were good. When we were in Mexico last Christmas I asked Lupe about getting some and she assured me that we had to travel 60 miles into the mountains for any decent ones. I am beginning to believe they are like the holy grail of Mexican Cuisine.

M-E is asleep. She had her last bag of fluids last night. They are cutting her off cold turkey. She has to drink. I hope I can keep my mouth shut today but then I have never been very good at that part.

It is cold this morning. I am going to take advantage of the sun and do a bit of gardening. It is time to reflect on 2004. I will say for the record that it has not been my favorite year.

I was thinking this morning before I drug myself out of bed, that it is so quiet in the winter. No birds or extra sounds. I guess winter is a time of waiting and silence and rebuilding. We have to have the down times to face the rest of the activity of life. I am trying to find that quiet place right now and trying to recharge my batteries.

I had great hopes for movies and shopping and some normal activity but time watching the world during it's down time has some merit also.

No comments: