Blog Archive

Sunday, December 26, 2004

It feels more normal today than it has in a long time.

I watched " Angels in America" and quilted. I had a couple of cups of coffee and ate some bad holiday type food. Nothing very special but in many ways it was a stress free day. I still have the very last of the Christmas dishes to deal with. I always fail in that "putting the dishes away part of the process. I also lack that with laundry. I wonder what is in the washer? I better check.

M-E went with her father to spend the night with the other side of the family. She was in seventh heaven when I talked with her today. Kids want family time in all of it's forms. Fun stuff, down time, naps, shopping and just having breakfast. It has been a long time since she and her dad have had that time unless it was at the hospital. I found that the chance to spend the night with the Sierra clan gets her to drink more and that is good. I am expecting a call and to be asked if she can stay tonight. I better get off the computer and figure out when her chemo is tomorrow. She will not be in a great mood afterwards so she might as well enjoy some time now. We are very much on an hour by hour process.

"Angels in America". I really expected more. It was fine. I am glad that I saw it but I think the book "As the Band Played On" was a better story. I loved the Mormon, getting married to make everyone thing they are straight thing. I have seen that more than I think people believe. Lots of good characters. The part I liked the most was about the desire to return back to earth. As messy as life is, life is pretty wonderful and worth fighting for all the way. It is a message I relay every day.

I am looking forward to next week. I am going to just have some fun with my daughter. We are going to watch part of the second season of Gilmore Girls and finish Northern Exposure. We are going to go for a couple of walks. We are going to tackle a couple of projects but not big ones. We need some down time. Some time to get bored with each other. I have a list of movies I want to see. I hope they are still around. We could do a couple a day if we can get up and out the door. I am the only person on the earth to have not seen The Incredibles or Polar Express. We shall see.

What ever we do will be fine. I am sure M-E is going to want more time with her Dad and she should have it. I might even make laundry progress. Now there is a pipe dream.


No comments: