Blog Archive

Thursday, December 23, 2004

We are enjoying some good times.

Evidently my notice of absence did not reflect the correct date. I did the unthinkable and did not go to work yesterday and don't plan to do so today. I looked at my Blackberry a bit and I turned it off. I still have not turned off my office computer but will do so if I can even stand to log on to it. I did sleep in until 6:30 this morning.

The cousin's are gathering this evening and we have a bit of straightening up to do. The cookies are baked and plentiful, frosting is not my problem. I have the sparkly stuff. I have the monumental task of clearing off the tables.

Tables are meant to be used aren't they? What a pain. I just have lots going on and have no hyper child so I can not take any of their ADD drugs. Oh, well. I brewed an entire pot of coffee just for me.

Am I the only one with bags and boxes of stuff that was cleared off the tables or other like surfaces and never looked at again? Just think of what treasures will be found someday. I did look in one of those bags yesterday and found the gift bags one of my cousin's ordered two or three years ago. I even think it is tacky to wrap it up and give it to her as a present.

Here is my goal for the day. I am going to clear off the tables and not stuff the stuff into a bag and stuff it into a closet or take it to the basement where the stuff mountain grows like Mount St. Helen. I am going to take M-E to the hospital to have her PICC line looked today and not tomorrow. I am going to not buy more jinggle bell necelaces that are really irritating. I am going to enjoy some quiet moments with my child. I am going to get another cup of coffee and light a few more candles and enjoy the last quiet moments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How can we get more time for Sally Ann? She seems to be doing OK, but sometimes we worry.