Blog Archive

Saturday, December 25, 2004

We will Never Forget this Year

It is dark, the day is gone. The memories will never be gone. The candles are lit and I still have one more load of dishes to do before I am through.

M-E is off with her father and that part of the clan. I packed her up with medical supplies and headed to bed for a nap. I will be headed to bed for more sleep soon. It has been a long year and this feels like a mini vacation.

M-E did not get up until 9:00 a.m. and was not moving very fast. I hooked her up to a fast liter and we settled in for some present opening. Lots of presents. Lots of very thoughtful gifts. Little things like a good book or a bottle of Holy Water. A novena booklet and a beautiful lilac Kitchen Aide my mom said I did not need. Sometimes you need the things you don't need more than the things you need.

Our neighbor Michael came over to show us the pink suede, fleece lined coat some one had given his dog. I want one for me. Let's visualize "Large middle aged women in pink suede..........................." Okay, this is bad. Anyway we opened presents and called Johnny. The clan arrived.

Isabel was eyeing the tree. We had some breakfast and she was very good. She knew what those things were. She did not know what the stocking were for however. She is fast learner. After she found candy in her stocking, she told mom to look because they were full of chocolate.

I am please to report that Santa scored. The Stick's table was a bit hit. The IPOD accessories were also good. It was weird to shop for accessories for a small electronic device. But then remember my good friend Miller always did say that you are your accessories.

All in all it was good and now I need some good rest. Merry Christmas everyone. The real question, should I get up and go to the mall to buy next year's Christmas cards or sort through the bags I filled to clean the house. I will see what the morning brings.

No comments: