Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Father Says I need to go back to work.

I resisted the urge to stay in bed this a.m. We are having one of those cold, crisp mornings where you hear the scrapping of windows when you open the door to check on the moon. It is full and the stars were beautiful.

While I was enjoying my first cup of coffee of the A.M., I was watching the lack of activity in the neighborhood. Yesterday a couple of guys showed up across the street and did some digging, put down some pressure treated timber and then they put some pink Styrofoam at the edges of some of the walls. This morning someone walked by and entered the Honey Bucket. I never saw him leave because at about the same time some other guys showed up and then the cement truck appeared. I was sure the Cement truck was going to overturn the Honey Bucket. He might still be in side.

Well they are pouring concrete slabs. Now what happens if they ever have to get to the pipes they buried in the ground about two feet down? It has been quite the experience watching how they do this. I keep saying that I would never buy a new house but then heaven knows what went on when they built this house.

Mother did not want me to mention anything more about the Honey Bucket on the blog. Sorry Mom. Sometimes there isn't much that is more important to report.

I am waiting for M-E to wake up so I can be noisy. Maybe we can find a calendar today. Ours is running out and I am pretending the next motnth will be normal. So I will be filling the blank spaces with school information and the such.

The red shafted flickers are here. They love the suet and seem to have the ability to chase away the rest of the birds when they want to eat. One will pick at the mass and then pieces drop to the ground , the other then cleans those up. Seems to work out for everyone. That is the best we can hope for on a daily basis.

The cement guys are standing around. I wonder if I could put them to work? Neither of them have been to the Honey Bucket.

Mom has to go to the doctor today. She was supposed to have a fasting blood draw but forgot and ate some chocolates and had her blood drawn anyway. She figured it would give the doctors something to talk about. Dad has to see the doctor also. He has been having some tests run and has not been feeling the best. Say an extra prayer for good news. I think we have had our fair share of bad news this year.





No comments: