Blog Archive

Monday, August 14, 2017

Thirteen Years Ago Today, at this MOMENT

A sleepy child stumble out of a bedroom and was mad that my phone had rung. 

It was Judy Sommerfeld with a message from Children's Hospital. 

They wanted me to call.  I took the number and the person on the other end answered:

"Jake Garcia, Hem/Onc"

My reply:

"Who the hell are you and why are you calling me?"

Deep in my heart I knew the answer.  I knew. He didn't want to tell me what she had but I wouldn't leave Lake Chelan until he did. 

  (I just realized I have never been back.) 

13 years seems like a lifetime.  

Dad always said life was like a pile of sausages.  You fill one up and then you twist it shut and move forward to the next one.   We have been trying to twist close this link several times but it is a stubborn one.  One that does not want to close or another needs to be added. 

We are trying again.  
The house is being ready for sale and 
I am heading to the other side of the state.
Mary-Elizabeth is heading into the big bad world. 

This Link needs to twist and stay twisted. 

Also I need to find the coffee that is somewhere in the house.  




No comments: