Blog Archive

Saturday, May 02, 2009

SAT's Eye brow plucking and other rites of passage


This is the color of the dress with a brown ribbon.


The SAT's are this A.M. Lots of anxiety. She will do fine. I told her this was just the first time she would be taking them and now we don't have to send all to the colleges and who knows, they might be good enough. Bacon and mangos for breakfast seems to help and off she went.


After this event we have bunches of stuff to do before next week. Let's see. Nails, eyebrows, decisions about where to go for dinner. I am having a small "cocktail party" pre prom so that should be fun. Wine cheese, something hot and spicy, a sweet and a chance to wish the children off on their big adventure.


Seems like the thing to do. I don't remember much about pre-dance stuff other than my father cleaning all his rifles while my quiet shy timid boy friend came and picked me up. Ugly........



1 comment:

Nonna Madonna said...

I just realized your comment mechanism was back in place. Or I made some technological break-through. Anyway, the thought of Your Dad cleaning his guns while your date nervously awaited your appearance brought back MANY memories. MANY. Too many. But still I laughed and laughed. Did he also apply the killer hand shake? That was Max's technique, he wrung them to their knees while smiling gently into their whitening faces. "Home by ten?" he would inquire. Midnight I would say boldly. Soon after I stopped letting boys come to the house, I met them in seedy bars instead. Do pass that along to your Dad. Snort.