Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Well When it Rains is Pours

I could not think of a better title for today. Buckets are being dumped all over Seattle. Yes, we are surprized each and every time it rains here. We are really shocked when it pour and is dark and the storm sewers fill up and the streets flood and the cars slide and the fog rolls in and the crashes begin. People always say, "Well it is Seattle, What do you Expect?" And those of us here always agree and then continue to be amazed.

That is sort of where I am today. Amazed, Shocked and not very prepared. M-E has been sick since last Wednesday. Sore throat, head ache, body ache and then cough and nose running and more aches. It should be old hat by now. Some child went to school and spewed germs into the air and my daughter was in the way. She was able to fight it off mostly but then since she carries around less than half a normal white blood count she could only fight so long.

So day 7. She is home, I am at work, I can only be gone so long and she is freaked. She has missed so much school she is feeling overwhelmed.

I guess the conversation should go like this: "Well, she does have Leukemia!, What do you expect?".


I guess "expect" is not the right word. Hope is a better word. I hope we can make it through the next 2 months. I hope she can get caught up with school. I hope she does not fall so deep into a funk that she can come out of it. I hope we can get back to the place that flu lasts a couple of days and colds only bother her for a few days.

Maybe in Seattle we hope for sunshine.

No comments: