Blog Archive

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Launch Day


The count down is complete. The New Student Orientation has begun. Since Mary-Elizabeth has been on campus since Monday there was no need for usual unpacking.


As I was waiting for Bridge to be done, I had some time to observe proper move-in behavior and what needs to be moved. First, no one, and I mean no one seems to be able to come to college without a fridge. I am still firmly on the "are you kidding me, walk down the hall and us the floor fridge" but that rocket (keeping with the launch theme) has clearly left the pad.


I watched for about 25 minutes as huge vehicles full of huge stuff drove by. I was aghast to see the 50" flat screen sail by. I did a quick mental tour of M-E's room and could not remember a portion of the wall that was big enough for such an item. Maybe they just drive around campus to give the other's something to work towards. A pad that is big enough to house the "50" TV.


We did some shopping, had the all important Sonic Lunch, stopped by the ink store, and then she was more than ready to head back to the dorm for a nap. I asked if we were done and she said I had to go back to campus on Sunday, with Tucker.


While the rocket has launched, it certainly has not separated. As I recall, that is a particularly tense time.

No comments: