Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Waiting

There are lots of thing we wait for in this world. We wait for holidays. Christmas being the most exciting. Of course the world knows I am a bit of a nut. I have "too much Christmas Crap!" Sayeth Mary Lanham. She is probably right because Moms are always right but I love Christmas. Ironically it was having Mary-Elizabeth who made me scale back for a number of years. Too much too soon just made the season crazy. Kids need little bits and not a full blown crazy time. They need to have things calm or they just go crazy and get out of hand. There can be too many presents and too many events and too much candy and too much excitement. We are going to do a great job decorating. I am going to gather the troops and I think we have to put lights outside in every possible place. M-E loves the outside lights. We are also going to dig deep in the "Christmas Crap" and bring out lots of things that have not seen the light of day for a long time. If there ever was a year. We are unearthing the decorations. I think the village is making an appearance also. Of course I wonder if I can have a live tree in the house? I do remember a world where fungus, mold and germs were just something to clean up and not to be feared.

During M-E's treatment I hope we are waiting for Christmas and not Godot. We spend so many hours at the hospital and for blood counts and for clotting studies and for IV's to drip. So much of what we here is, "Well we can not know for sure what the results with be" "Everyone is different" "We need more time" "We don't know how long things will be like this" "We have not determined what makes the ANC go up" So, we continue to go and continue to wait because Godot will appear in our play.

She made it to school for a half day but stayed the whole day. I am going to try and get her up soon. She needs 12 hours at least. If Kerry wins do you think we can add a few hours in the day?




No comments: