Blog Archive

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Noise


It is all around. Even in these early mornings. We seem to have more than our fair share because Tucker is very vocal about life. he has lost his bone to Sadie for the third time. He does not think it is right and would like everyone to know about it.

See I have two two year olds. They see the world in the "MINE, All MINE" perspective. It is so much fun. As I recall there are Toddler Property Rules. They are simple and concise:

If I see it, it is MINE
If I ever saw it and see it again, it is MINE
If I touched or smelled it, it is MINE
If I touched, buried, it, left, it for something better, it is MINE
If I.........
This creates lots of noise but so does life.


The noise from the fire works seem to have calmed down. There are so many bangs and pops and whistles. Noise comes at you in lots of different directions and from many sourses. The noise of the felling of trees, the garbage trucks, the construction guys, the sirens. The birds letting everyone know they are in charge.

Then there is the noise in my head. "What if......."

She had a very bad experience with her last Spinal Chemo on the day before her birthday. Pain upon waking, head ache, then heart ache. She sobbed and sobbed about wanting to be normal and wanting to have this done. Wanting me to make it stop. How do you stop that noise?

All the noise in the world won't make the What If's..... go away. I don't think they will go for a very long time, if ever.

I guess the only thing to do is to listen.

No comments: