Blog Archive

Sunday, July 09, 2006

This Link is to pictures of where she is supposed to be........



Fudgie Pudgies from the North Hill Bakery. Red White and Blue of course for the big birthday.



She was Packed. She bounded on to the bus around 9:30 a.m.

I came home, did a couple of things and then settled in for some serious sewing and DVD watching. I kept thinking I should take the dogs for an adventure, I should at least take them for a walk around the block. I should.....

About 4:30 I received "THE CALL" from Children's hospital. Tracy, our great Fellow that just happened to be on call, had been contacted by the nurse and M-E was on the way to the Mary Bridge in Tacoma. She had stepped off the steps, on to the beach and found herself with two sprained ankles and some nasty scraps that needed to be cleaned out. She had a huge contusion on her foot and was in a lot of pain. We talked to Tracy and she made a couple of calls and it helped make it better.

So grab the puppy and run out the door. About half way there, I realized I might have left the back door open. So... Call Vickie, she was kind enough to wake up and drive over to check. She returned my call to assure me that the door was now shut and locked.

I arrived around 5:30. She was in a room because I had called ahead to let them know that we "don't do waiting rooms". It was a mantra that had to be repeated more than once. There were two counselors with her and she appeared to be sort of okay. When they left she just sobbed. She is so so sad. She was in so much pain.(Yes I administered drugs) We were finally put into a room, saw a great doctor and had the whole XRay, scrubbed out the wound with special soap, wrapping of the ankle routine. (She has very high arches and no apparent fracture at this point.) We made it home around 11:00 p.m. Not bad.

Good things, food was great. Stop for a Spinach, Portobella Pannini sometime. The people were kind. I am not certain as to which person answered the Emergency Room Phone "Joe's Bar and Grill". I have never seen so many police and security at such a small facility. I can tell that there are some "issues" I don't usually encounter. You see, Tacoma General and Mary Bridges, share the same building but are very different entities. It appears to be the PI and Seattle Times sort of deal.

Well she is home, she wants to return to camp, she is on crutches and can barely walk. I have hope for her because this just could ruin her summer.

I talked with the doctors and it appears that she is going to be accident prone for a long time because she has no reflexes left from the Vincristine. Once she is done, she will regain them after about 2 years.

Right now I would just like her to to be able to walk.......

No comments: