Blog Archive

Friday, September 01, 2006

Week One and September 1, 2006, Boy have we come a long way.

She has only said "Mom, I am a Holy Names Girl" 20 times. She is so excited to be in school and to have started her career in high school. She comes home every day with ideas of how to spend her extra time.

Mom do you think I should be an Ambassador. I would be one of the girls that opens the doors and talks to people so they feel comfortable.

Mom should I join the Hispanic Club. I don't really know that they do but maybe I would meet some kids that half and half like me.

Mom should I be a tutor. I could help little kids learn more.

Mom......... All these choices and all these decisions. I am more focused on "Will I be able to get the laundry done? and have the slow leak in the tire fixed, and pick out baseboard for the new floor? and.............

What I really love is that Holy Names has pushed Leukemia to the back ground. Now Denim day rules our life and not Methotrexate Monday. It still creeps in every now and then when I have to make a special trip to the hospital or I hear worry in my parents voice because my daughters numbers are not as low as they should be. I love that high school has eliminated those nasty, loud, rude and smelly boys from her life. She is convinced only William ever bathed.

I will learn to love the alarm when it goes off at 5:00 a.m. and I HAVE to get up. I will learn to always make my coffee before I go to bed. I will learn that Tucker wants to play and play hard by 6:00, and what is my problem. I will learn to love watching the streaks of light come through the windows. I will learn to re-connect to quiet morning times before the car pool begins.

I already love that we are 12 days away from the 2nd year of REMISSION with no relapse to spoil it all. I already love that we will be done by the end of the year. I love that we had a fight this morning before school. I love that we have a quiet week-end coming up. I love that she is so happy right now.

But most of all I love that prayers are answered and the answer is yes. We have been on a two year journey and are weary. It tells you something if we think starting high school is a relaxing endeavourer. But it has been.

Finally Week One of a good thing.

No comments: