Blog Archive

Friday, May 28, 2010

The Process of Graduation.


This has been coming for a long time. It started with a big check for $225 in July of last year for "graduation". Silly me. I thought that was it. I am not the brightest person in the group. I am not sure what it covered other than the gown rental. So let's see what else has there been.

Pictures, announcements, after party, dress for graduation, shoes for the dresses, crew fees, transportation and food for regionals, (how can my child not have a pair of white shoes) hair cut, nails, prom- dress, hair, tickets, limo, alteration of dress, parking money for baccalaureate mass, lunches, I am sure there is more I don't remember. I have blocked it out.

But we are at the end. The process is winding down. It has been small steps this week. It started with Family Mass in the Holy Names Chapel on Tuesday. Followed with Baccalaureate at St. James Cathedral. I think it hit me that she IS GRADUATING. Now we are getting ready for the prom tonight. Graduation on Sunday.

This is sort of like labor. Once it starts, there is no way to stop it. Not that one would want it to stop....

No comments: