Blog Archive

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Home and Feeling Great

So I am home.  I have been up since 5:30 am.  Child sent to my bed and I am antsy as hell.  I guess I need to go for a walk but when I headed out the door, it was doing that cold rainy pellets spitting thing.  Oh  well, some catching up will have to do.


So I guess it is Thursday and this is day 6 post surgery.  I am suffering for a whole list of things I can not do.  Driving is the biggest obstacle.  I mentioned feeling up to it and was soundly scolded.  I want to go do things.  I feel great.  I think Felicity, 3440 grams, was sapping my energy.  I read all this post hysterectomy crap and there are long passages about listening to music and reading good books. 


We heal very nicely in this family. I will henceforth try to not:  walk up stairs, do laundry, unload the dishwasher, lift anything heavier than 10 lbs and sit and read and watch movies and listen to soothing music to up my immune system.....  what a bother.






 I am not a good patient. I want to do things and get things done. I am wondering where and when I lost that ability

1 comment:

nonnamadonna said...

Take it easy, cuz. Follow the rules and you will be rewarded with fewer adhesions and problems later. It's only a few days of your life. Maybe treat yourself to a Kindle or an ipad for that enforced reading (at your favorite coffee house). Love you!