Blog Archive

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Make A Wish


I love these people. They do make wishes come true in lots of different sizes. We had our send off party on the 13th. We met at Red Robin and were greeted by "RED" a bevy of balloons and a very accommodating staff. We were joined by Tara and Keith our volunteers.
They had our tickets and itinerary. They had buttons, books, handy travel things. But most of all they were excited for us.

These are such dedicated people. They live their lives in a very special way. Tara works for World Vision and is going with a group to Honduras to build houses. She is taking a group of their child sponsors to meet the children they sponsor. Keith is working on not working while handling 4 or more Wish kids a months. He has a whole network of company's that help him. Skyway luggage will help any family. I believe that Rick Steves is the source of the books and travel accessories we received. Red Robin gave us a great meal.

I was impressed with how much they give of themselves. Their time and their enthusiasm. All they ask for is a report and our pictures.

I am now at the packing my bags in my head phase. I may start this week-end.........

No comments: