Blog Archive

Friday, April 21, 2006

Trip Preparation continues.

It is different this time. We have been here for so long and not been able to leave town for any meanful amount of time that it seems unreal. I have none of the pre-trip anxiety at either work or getting the house ready. I will clear out the fridge, make sure the cat has enough food. Sadie goes to Mom and Dad's tomorrow. I know what I am taking and have the suit case. The mail will be held. My neighbor will pick up the paper. He will take out the garbage. The house will be clean when we return. The neighbor's will be watching the place. Everyone knows I am leaving. The focus is shifting to simply enjoying this time away.

The fact is we made it here and we will strive to make it beyond here. I had dinner with Tracy Henze and she and I discussed my unending fears about remission. She remained me that we had and would do everything to keep this thing from coming back but that in life there are no guarantees.

This I will guarantee. We will be in Venice right now a week from now. I will be stalking Venetians and asked forgiveness in 153 churches. We will be looking for a small establishment for which to have snacks and drinks before more stalking. I am determined to have the group invited for dinner in a palazzo or two. Because remember, I know where they live, I have the maps. Did I mention we are going to try and see Pride and Prejudice. I found the entertainment section of the Venice newspaper.

Oh, Favorite line from THANK YOU FOR SMOKING : This is the greatest country on the face of the earth because of its endless appeal process.............

No comments: