Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

We Will be On our Way a Week from right NOW

It has come to my attention that I am more excited about the Venice Trip than Mary-Elizabeth. I would prefer to just consider myself, more educated and prepared. I have had an extra 6 months to think about it. So let's see I have watched

On the Wings of the Dove, Casanova, Two versions of the Merchant of Venice, 2 versions of Death in Venice, Venice/Venice, Summertime, and several travel shows. I have read, City of Falling Angles, two mysteries by Donna Leon (set in Venice) In the company of the Courtesan, Venetian Affair, Water Mirror, Thief Lord and several I can not remember. I have read every travel book on the subject and have webcams as part of my favorites. I have located all 153+ churches and the best fabric/paper/book store. I am going to bring home, I hope, a Ferro. The front piece of a gondola for the garden. I am looking for a book called Ponte d Ponte, about all 435 bridges in Venice. I might try and find the author, he lives there. So.......... I have read every article in the last three years on how do do Venice right. I have made up a song to help remember all the Doges................................

Hummmmmm

No comments: