Blog Archive

Monday, August 28, 2006

Dumping

Mary-Elizabeth is scheduled for her first wake-up call in 12 minutes. Then I go take a shower and really get her out of bed. She has about 50 minutes before we leave for school. This morning is the first car pool. I better look at a map.

We then weave through Seattle, make some conversation and hopefully arrive at school in a timely manner. The girls have to go to their lockers and then start their first day.

Some naive parent asked if I was excited to meet her teachers. I said yes, but then realized there was an expectation I would go inside with her.

Hello....... I am a Dumper. I come from a long line of dumpers and have been dumped on many occasions. I have been dumping M-E since Kindergarten. I dump at school, the hospital and the airport. The train, crew, and the movie theater. It is character building to have to find your kindergarten class on the second day by yourself. You learn to identify better land marks. How was I to know there were big white globe lights in every hall way?

It was not until much much later I realized that Mom does not parallel park. In any event, I can parallel park and I am still dumping.

4 more minutes until the wake-up call.

No comments: