Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Flash Backs

Shall we search this blog and count how many times I have bemoaned the fact that things take me by surprise? Times I have been shocked by events, things I have not expected. Well let's talk fillings!

Simple, right, seems to be straight forward. Well she has never had to have any because her parents made sure she was seen every 6 months and sealants were put on and regular brushing was adhered to. Then leukemia came along and the dentist was not the top priority. If you are going to have 27 appointments a day, they are far down the list.

During the process, three of her molars came in and her mother passed on the Grand Canyon of crevices to her daughter, So the formula goes like this

No visits to Dentist=
No sealants=
Cavities=
Fillings.

Simple enough. Well, lets take a needle phobic child with lots of Chemo and add a dentist that really does not want to work on anyone in pain, and a weird reaction to the novicaine where part of the nerves don't numb for heaven knows why and you get a disaster.

She just went to bed and cried and cried and cried. She finally told me that the whole experience brought back everything from the past two years. A PTST episode.

Great, I was just taking my child to the dentist...........

I will have to access the outcome this morning and see where we go from here.

I guess I should learn not be surprised.

No comments: