Blog Archive

Friday, March 21, 2014

Darn I wish I would have thought of that earlier.

Mary-E is doing great. She is thriving, she is applying for Engineering internships. Her professors are happy with her progress. She is at the top of her game.  I should not complain, or worry or even note this ongoing sadness in her life.

Every time she sees a new baby or a small child she melts. Every time she has a hot flash she melts.  Every time she realizes she will never have a baby of her own making she dies a little bit in side.

Why in the hell did I not make sure she had some of her eggs frozen when she was between treatments?  Why?  What was I thinking?  Why didn't someone mention it to me?  It would have been a costly but do-able process. It could have happened over a summer.  I could have found some money somewhere, there are people at the U that take care of those things. 

For all those of you that will reply or think about how she can adopt or foster or snatch a cute baby from an abandoned stroller, she knows. She knows she has other options.  But that is not the point.  Trust me every single boy, of appropriate age stored Sperm.  Easy peasy.  No issue, not discussion of cost, deed was done and they moved on to injecting horrible poison into their body. Like many things, not so simple for girls.

Boy one bit of advice I would give everyone with a girl child would be to store some eggs when it is time. 

Just a thought for the day.

No comments: