Blog Archive

Saturday, January 22, 2005

A Moment of Relief

We are finally in a good place. We are finally having some normal eating and some normal energy. I am amazed at how she feels this week compared to last. We will have one more of these weeks. She will be up this week and able to do some things. I will not push it but I think we might even get a movie this week-end. I wonder what is out there. Polar Express?? We are a bit behind.

I hate to let my guard down. I have done that before and then been side swiped. I also want to enjoy the good moments. I guess it is a balance game we play. Maybe we play it all the time as parents. Moms forget the pain associated with child birth as soon as they hold the child. Parents continue to take their children to the store even if there is an unholy tantrum one bad afternoon. Dads melt when there little girls smile that endearing smile and ask for something more.

Maybe we have short memories. Maybe we are just a very hopeful and forward looking species. I just know that I am looking forward to this day.

No comments: