Blog Archive

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Coal Mine's Daughter

I told my co-counsel that my dad had a spot of Black Lung. He asked if I that made me a Coal Miner's Daughter. So I am not the only clever individual in this universe.

I am a very grateful daughter. I am at the age that many of my contemporaries have lots their parents and I have seen the pain and anguish in their eyes. They try to be brave and are very accepting of their deaths and last illnesses but there is that deep deep sadness that comes from the loss. Our parents are such beacons in our lives. They brought us into this world and taught us how to manage our lives and love and how to move forward. They created issues for therapy and gave us siblings and did too much or not enough but all in all they did their best.

My dad had us prepared for the worst. He knows too much and if you add what my sister knows and all of on the internet looking for what we think we know, we were ready for the bad news. In this case it did not come. We escaped. We get more time and we get to relax and focus on other things. In my world, that is Mary-Elizabeth.

We continue to have a good week. I am sorry that I have this big trial going on but I do get a week-end with her or at least part of it.

I know that prayer comes in lots of forms. Thank-you for all of your prayers and thoughts and kind words.

No comments: