Blog Archive

Friday, January 14, 2005

5th Month

Well evidently it takes boys 4 months to be sick to death of this process and girls 5 months. I am glad to report that M-E is truly a girl. She is sick to death of all of it. The new and vicious mouth sores are her new favorite and mine also. We have reached toxicity to Methotrexate. That is the good news. The bad news, she is miserable and uncomfortable and it makes life very difficult to deal with on a daily basis. I have to just do the best possible and keep going. We are near the end of the third stage of intense treatment and there is not turning back at this point.

In a few minutes I am going to call Ana and she will come over and I will go spend a day at work. It will be good to get back into the office.

Dad is having a biopsy on the 18th of January. (Belle's birthday) They are looking at the lymphnodes and the we will see what happens after that time. Belle and Karen will be flying to Portland today and going to Eugene tomorrow. Dad when to Piccadilly last week and sold lots of stuff. He was very happy. He reminded me that the arrangement is that Alex gets all the stuff in garage and that he plans to empty part of the garage before he gets it. I so love my practical and realistic parents. They (who every they are) say that as parents we are sort of done teaching lessons to our children when they around the age of 14. Kids have their values and life expectations pretty much set and we can sort of sit back and watch.

I realize either I am a slow learner or I am not 14 yet or I have extraordinary parents that have continued to impart important lessons for the last 50 years. I see some new lessons on the horizon. As difficult as this time has been and seem will continue to be, I know I have the ability to make it through. Like I tell my client, it will be okay, it might not be fun but it will be okay.

No comments: