Blog Archive

Saturday, January 29, 2005

A short Breather

M-E is watching T.V. this morning. She is worn out. Her body has always preferred to wake up at 10:00 a.m. Chemo and this process has not improved that need. I have been working on an arbitration. We have finished day 6 of 10 days. She has been getting up and at school by 8:00 am every morning. She is also tired.

It is so hard to explain how sitting and listening can be a tiring process. I realized yesterday after we wrapped up the final question that I had been clinching my jaw for most of the week. I am tired in a way that soldiers must feel when they stand for hours information. Today I am just sitting in front of my computer shopping on e-bay for pieces for M-E's North Pole Village. Don't ask me why? Do we need it, no. Do we have room to display it, no. Can we afford it, maybe. What am I doing? I am just crawling into a little world full of mindless frosty elves and candy canes. The rest of my brain is on neutral. I don't seem to be capable of doing much else at this point in time. I may have to give up E-Bay for lent.

M-E and I are going to try and make the best of this week-end. She is hungry and her hair is growing back in nicely. She is ready in many ways for the next two months.
We are headed back to the icky treatment. 60 or so days. Lots of new oral chemo and a cytoxon overnight and the Ara-C. I have no way to tell how she is going to handle this. I am hoping that she has gained enough strength to start this again. She so seldom complains or whines about much. She does such a good job at being positive and trying to have stiff upper chin. I try to follow her example. I wish I was more sucessful.

Houses across the street update: They are covered with red pieces of red paper. I think the term is "They have been red tagged" I think that is bad. They are both roofed and some trim has gone on. They are going to be cute. I suggested Mom and dad should buy both and put a breeze way between them. We could have a way for Sadie to go back and forth.

Well, I am going to go and join my daughter in some down time. I am looking forward to not thinking about work for a day. Who would have ever thougtht that a day at the hosptital would feel like a break?

sal

No comments: