Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

WE did some normal things.

Saturday we went to a St. Joseph's ball game and out to dinner. Normal. It was great. I loved running into some people and seeing the girls play.

I am amazed at their progression. I loved that they all are so supportive of each other and positive on the team. They have really grown under the guidance of Jerry Verhoff and John Claeys. Jerry has been M-E's coach from the beginning. He is a great coach in that he has the deep desire to win that comes from his mid-west roots but he knows what is really important. He is a great teacher. I remember when he was so upset three or four years ago when the score was 42 to 6 or something that bad. I sat next to him and told him that anyone can be happy when they win, he had the ability to have a chance to teach them how to be okay when they lost. He is always positive and always a great teacher. I brushed the sadness away as I sat and watched M-E cheer on her team. She so wants to be a part of her old life.

We are making a new life. The old when life gives you lemons......... We are doing okay. We started a new round of chemo yesterday. It look like it might not be too bad this time. I am hoping for good results and not too many side affects. The hair is going to go but the new stuff is very soft and an not the right color. We will have to see what comes next time.

We have colds all a round. M-E and I are both hacking. I am still in my trial. It has been a time when I don't have time to sneeze.

Back to the hospital. M-E could not have her spinal tap yesterday so we are off to try again.

No comments: