Blog Archive

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Weird Week

Weird. I don't know how to describe it. Weird. I feel like I have done a lot but then I wonder. I need to find some balance. I don't ever seem to get it quite right. I have needed to spend lots of time with M-E and have been able to do so because we are sort of in a holding pattern at work. Work has been less than fruitful but I am ready to whip out a bunch of projects. I am waiting for the result from our never ending mediation and that will create lots of work to do during a very short period of time. I guess it feels like limbo.

It is sort of like the weather we are having right now. It is very very cold at night but the days are warm while in the sun. We are waiting for M-E's numbers to drop and we are on guard and waiting for the fever to return. It is sort of knowing that the first wave is the beginning.

I guess I am realizing that we have a new normal. It is just very different than our old life. We have settled into this one. It is our life. It will be for a long time. It is time to work on making this life doable. I think that requires that I let go a bit. I am going to schedule a week-end away. I am just going to do it. Johnny and Ana can handle M-E if she gets sick. What a novel idea. I have to work on that. I want to quilt with my friends for 48 hours. I want to be waited on and not have to cook. I will get on that right now.

See, good things come from weird weeks.


No comments: