Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Beware of a House jealousy

I should have known better. I should have known not to make calls to find a new transmission for the car at Thanksgiving. I should have known that it would be very bad to talk about buying a new computer. I should have known to make calls from the house about getting the trim painted this year. I should have known that if I made those mistakes, I would have to pay. The house will only put up with so much. When it feels ignored, it makes a sacrifice to get your attention. It needs to be nurtured. It is not enough if you clean it and heat it, it needs and wants new toys. New electronics are not good enough. They can be moved. It wants stuff that is anchored in and pretty and things people will talk about. It wants shiny new and improved toys. Hence, the dishwasher was sacrificed.

It was hauled away to the "Recyle station in the North End." I loved that dishwasher. I had searched the world for it. It served us well. It was too young to die. It has been replaced. Shh.... I have tried not to upset the Fridge and the Stove. I was sensitive to their needs to still feel wanted and did not bring home an obviously new model. No fancy titanium finish. Just plain white. Not that plain white is bad or anything!!!! It is just fine for all of our purposes. ( I am going to look and see if I can get a new panel. I saw on the DVD that came with the washer that they can come in fun colors. ) I better not worry about that for now. The washer and dryer might be listening.

No comments: