Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Vacuums and Washing Machines

I have not gone over the edge. I love my vacuum. I think people should come here and bond with it. I have been a long time vacuum hater. I would do almost anything to avoid it's use as a child in my parent's home. You see, I was raised with a family that had lots of shag carpet, brothers and a father that loaded shells in the living room. The beebee's would fall on the carpet. The vacuum would suck them up and make an ungodly noise as they were removed from the carpet. Then someone would yell from some place" WATCH WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!!!!!!!!" as the beebee was banging around in the hollow metal of the vacuum. Now mind you, no one yelled at my brothers or father as they loaded shot gun shells on the shag carpet, in the living room......

So I soon became adverse to the world of vacuuming. I hate it. It made me sneeze, it was noisy, the shag carpet always had secret noisy stuff hiding in wait for me. I have never been without a vacuum but do prefer when someone else uses it on my behalf.

I did fall in love with the Miela when Mom sent it to me about 7 years ago. More accurately, I may have fallen in love with the clever German Packaging. A box arrived and when I went to carry it home, I put my hand through the holes intended for transporting the box and put my hand around the vacuum handle. The box did not break, it was easy to carry and I was in love. Now mind you, I was only in love with the packaging and ease with with which I was able to carry the item. I still hate to vacuum.

Some snide comment was made about the washing machine. I love my washing machine and dryer. I just can not seem to fold and put away the cloths that emerge. That is another issue.

M-E is alseep. The affects of the Steriods from last week have finally worn off. Of course she starts them again today. We were at the clinic yesterday. She has to have a blood transfusion this week and a dressing change. Her ANC went from 6648 to 1078 in seven days. Here we go. Our rest time is over. We are getting better at handling things, I hope. This is a long journey but we are making progress.

No comments: