Blog Archive

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Lucy is Good For Mary-Elizabeth and Whitney

Whitney and M-E are watching old Lucy DVD's. We have some of the shows and have ordered all the old ones from Netflix. The girls have just laughed and laughed and laughed. That true guffaw that originates deep in your sole. It is nice to hear. Whitney and M-E have not had enough time together and these free times are so necessary.

I miss relaxed time with my friends. I have great friends and I am missing important things in their lives. I have been so stressed, they are beginning to withhold information from me. I just hate that. I understand but it doesn't make it any easier. This disease is not just affecting M-E, it is affecting so many people. I hate it but I guess is part of our new reality.

I have to try and keep quilting and keep working on my never ending projects. I have to try and keep sane and try to figure out how to manage all of this better. Most times when I am not as overwhelmed I am just pulling a Scarlett. "Tomorrow is another day". Having Mom here for a week helped. It is a mini vacation for me. Laundry is done. Some stuff is recycled. The fridge is cleaned out. It gave me a bit of a break.

I have a better idea about the next few weeks and I am through the most difficult part of my big case. All and all things are good.

The houses across the street are coming along. Siding. Electricity. Plumbing, windows and lots of people going through them. They are cute and will be $300,000. Three bedrooms, 2.5 baths, a fire place and a deck looking at my yard. I wonder if the builder will be giving me some money to spruce up my yard. I think that sounds like a good idea.......

No comments: