Blog Archive

Monday, February 21, 2005

We were Having a Quiet Day

Another day in the sun. We are taking the day off. I have to have days that I don't deal with work in any real way. It was supposed to be quiet but M-E seemed a little down.

She was looking forward to some time with Whitney but then Ms. W went to spend time with her Aunt. M-E understood but she loves time with Whitney. Whitney is such a breath of fresh air. She is so much in her own world and it is such a happy place. It is a place that Mary-Elizabeth likes to spend time. Whitney was so disappointed in me because I don't know any commercial jingles. I see great things in the future for Ms. W. She can remember anything if it is in song form.

M-E finally agreed to go to a movie. She was not able to get the computer to work so she came down stairs and assigned the task to me. I went upstairs and tried to do the same. Just as I was beginning to fiddle with the computer, I heard a noise and looked over at the dishwasher. Black smoke was coming out of the vent. I freaked. I opened the door, found no smoke, but it kept coming. I called the fire department and they told me to turn off the power. I was able to do that after awhile. I think it might be time to rewire or at least re-label to breaker box. The fire truck came. Three really cute guys and a scary but strong women also came along.

Our next stop. The Dish Washer store. I hate to buy things like appliances. They are not as much fun as Christmas Houses or fabric or flowers or ................... Oh, well.

It was my lesson for the day. God does take care of us. If I had not been upstairs when it started it would have been very very bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good grief Sally! I am really wondering what lesson it is that you are here to learn!