Blog Archive

Friday, February 18, 2005

Dexemethasone Hell

Steroids. There are people that take them willingly and illegally. I wonder about those people. I think we should not be focusing on person taking them but rather the people they have to live with.

Oh, My God. I am so amazed at what 10 milligrams of the stuff does to my daughter. The change happens almost overnight. The tears. The anger. The constant eating. On Tuesday we went to Costco after our appointment and had a hot dog and bought a huge box of cereal. It is gone. The milk is gone. She is not just eating cereal.

The mood swings are the worst. This brings out the deep deep blues in a person. She can cry at the drop of a pin or the appearance of an ice bag. My sister suggested that she be given Olazanapine. I looked it up. It is a powerful anti-psychotic drug. Everyone thinks that the ball players are hitting the balls out of the stadiums because of their added muscle mass. They are doing so because of their anger at things like commercials on the television or the fact that the milk is not in the right spot in the fridge or because someone failed to wash the right shirt or the sun is out or it is too cold out of the sun or the restaurant is not open or it is Wednesday and not Thursday.

Instead of being upset at the players, we need to start groups to help the families and other associates deal with the issues.

On more pleasant fronts, things are moving along. The houses across the street are getting better every day. I have been able to do a couple of things around the house like take the recycling to the curb. It might not sound like much but it is the little things that seems to make a real difference. I was able to file my taxes and I hope to plant some flowers this week-end. Mom bought us some beautiful primroses that need to go into the pots. The daffodil's are blooming and the sun is shining. M-E has not had to go to the hospital for a fever for awhile. Life is good.

No comments: