Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

I think she has finally hit the angry stage.

She has lost her sense of humor. While in the middle of all of this, I think it is the worst stage ever. I guess we humans have short term memories. I'm sure that if I were to re-read my blog, I would find other bad times. This bad time is what I would call the "NO" period. Do you want something to eat? "NO". Do you want something to drink? "NO" Do you want to go to the store? "NO". Do you want to go to the movies? "NO" Do you want to go to school? "NO". Do you want to stay home? "NO" Do you want a hug? "NO". Do you want......... NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am having to recall all my best parenting skills and try to to keep from going off the deep end but it is not easy. This time " Interim Maintenance " was portrayed as a time of healing and feeling better and being able to get back on an even keel. Gaining a little weight, having some good counts, all of those things. This has been the time fevers and mouth sores and anxiety and surgery and just plain icky stuff. For some reason it does not make me feel better to know that the sores will heal more rapidly because her ANC is good. I guess we have to take what consolation we can. My biggest concern right now is that she her numbers are not good and she will be very miserable for a while. Jello and Guava nectar are our new friends.

I had looked forward to this as a chance to remember what was at the end of the tunnel. I am not liking this part of the tunnel.

Well, I should be taking her to school right now for some time to work on school. I think the reality is that I will go take my shower and fight like a banshee to get her to the hospital. Say some extra prayers to the universe. It is going to be a long day.

Oh, houses across the street are getting their stairs built today. My neighbors will like that they don't have to climb ladders to inspect. Second story was framed on one yesterday. It is reassuring that the 12 year old builders do look at the plans some of the time. They are putting this building together board by board. It is kid of interesting. I think I know where the Fridge is to go. They won't get a very big one but then it might be a closet. Opps, there is a problem with the plans, I see a change order coming........

They will tower over the neighborhood. I hope they are cute. I wonder if we get to pick out the outside colors. I could have fun with that part!


No comments: