Blog Archive

Saturday, September 06, 2014

Startling Discoveries

All my life I have heard about "3 Minute Eggs".  I am a lover of soft boiled eggs.  Egg cups, Eire Shires (egg scissors) and small spoons are just added fun.  But the fact is I have never been able to perfect the process. 

Boiled the water, dropped in the eggs, watched them break, never quite right.  Three Minutes did not seem to work, 5 was too much.  I just settled.  No big deal. Just looked for the right kind of runny but could easily eat hard eggs.  

Then, it occurred to me maybe what they meant was 3 minutes of boiling if you started them in cold water.  Ever the curious scientist, I did just that.... 3 eggs, cold water, and 3 minutes of boiling.  What could be easier?   

And it works. 

Moral of the story:
1. You are never too old to try something a different way.

No comments: