Blog Archive

Monday, March 16, 2015

Dear Mary-Elizabeth

I'm  not sure how much you know about what I have been through.  I think you guess a lot but have tried to keep focused on your journey.  As you know WE had cancer.  WE had a relapse. WE had a Double Cord Blood Transplant.  But you have returned to your life and I am sort of waiting for mine to be found again. 

 I think I have been looking in all the wrong places.  It is such a weird thing to loose your way when  you are not ready to be done with your working life.  It just seems unreal. I am not ready to step back from the world just yet.  I still feel 18 and have lots to offer.  I am just wiser than I used to be.  I have seem more, felt more and lost more.  This next part needs to be good because, let's face it, I am a bit more than middle-aged. 

This last week I have had a chance to re-connect with some friends.  They say you can see yourself most clearly in the eyes of others.  It is always good to see a positive reflections.  And to be honest, I don't think it was just the good wine we drank.

I think I might have to turn back a bit to law. To figure out a way to use my specialized skill set but not be eaten alive.  I have realized that to do the Family Law piece the way I did it, I took on the pain of the family.  It was woven into my being,  I don't have that capacity any more.  My own pain and worry have filled that part of my being.  

Okay, let me see if I can figure that out.... 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

would love to visit with you again! a glass of wine... bainbridge has great blossoms our right now...
--audrey