Blog Archive

Monday, August 02, 2004

I Am Just Being Mean to Everyone.

My neighbor Mike asked me to be involved in a garage sale. Well it sounded like a good idea at the time. I always have these great plans. Organize all the closets, sort all the pictures and 10 years of school work. Weed the garden. Solve world hunger.......

So the day arrived. His stuff was organized, sorted, polished, marked,....You get the picture. Mine was haphazardly grabbed from the basement. Not priced, not even wiped off. I went on the offensive and yelled at him and told him if he said one thing about how my stuff looked scruffy, I was going home. (I find most men don't like to be yelled at by bossy women.)

We had the sale. I was brutal. The first guy was a dealer that wanted to spend 10 cents on a $20.00 book marked a $1.00. He received the full blast of my 6 weeks of pent up fear, frustration, anger, and disappointment. I don't think he will come visit anytime soon.
It only went downhill from there. They made me sit in a corner, read a book and would not let me talk to anyone. We made more than $350.00.




No comments: