Blog Archive

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Just a Short Note

I was going to go to work today. I am feeling I really need to be there but then M-E made it very clear that I needed to be here. I have worked over the years to make her independent and self sufficient but she needs me more than we both know.

She is having to take command of a more than any child should at age 12. She is managing her testing of her blood sugar. She gives herself two insulin injections and two blood thinning injections a day. She pokes her finger 5 times a day , including one at 2:00 a.m.

I feel like I have a new full time job. I guess we are all going to have to ajust to a lot. I just hope I can keep on working. I know what I am doing is important but I need to not think about this all the time. I dug out an unfinished needlepoint. I will be working on that for a while.

Today my goal is to not grind my teeth and try to buy a Blueberry no it's a Blackberry. As M-E noted "Buying technology takes longer than you think."

Wish me luck. Say an extra prayer for remission by day 28. Or September 7th.

Sal

No comments: