Blog Archive

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Mother's Day Morning

The Paper is here, No good sales. We need a new BBQ and they go on sale for Father's Day. Mom and I think that is just wrong. We will wait. No one has called yet for Mom. She knows they will.

Quiet is our plan. I figure it is Mother's Day and I get to do what I want. I will start planting and digging up the things I should never have planted I can then compost them they don't have to be saved or moved or recycled. I can have cold pizza for breakfast and take Sadie for a walk of my choosing and not hers. I can do laundry and not fold it. I can put any sheets I want on my bed or even better buy some crazy colors at Macys, colors that are bright and fun. I can drink coffee that is too strong. I can spend lots of time on Second Life or sew in only colors that I like. I can take a long shower and waste lots of water. I can take some time to read my new books. I can order some more if I have not finished the ones I have started. I can make the list longer for the handy man. I can plan the Invisible Fence for the yard. ( M-E wants one for Sadie. It is M-E's birthday present.) I can read only the sections of the paper that are mindless. I am going on the "no news is good news" theory. I can put out all the snail bait I want. I can look on E-Bay for Venice stuff as long until I have had my fill. I can watch movies of no import with Mary-E and try and help her ready for her last dose of Methotrexate. I can have no expectations of what the day will bring.

I will do what I want and know that I have everything I need, or desire because I am a Mom and this is my day to relish how wonderful Mom-ness is. For today, it means I can do Anything!!!!!!!!!!!! I Want.

1 comment:

Ubermilf said...

You and all mothers out there caring for their ill little ones are the bravest, strongest people in the world. My thoughts and prayers will be with you today. Stay strong and know that people you don't even know care about you and Mary Elizabeth. Happy Mother's Day!