Blog Archive

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Today We Remember the holocaust

I was listening to NPR and today is the day of remembrance. It made me think about how horrible the life was during the time that people lived in the camps. They were all affected by the events but were able to go on after the fact and were able to make good lives for themselves.

The human spirit is such a strong entity. I don't know what else to call it . I see it working in the children in M-E's class. I see it at the hospital. I see it in her. I see her sit and be. I see her struggle with small things and I see her doubt herself. She has been let down by her body at a very young age. But I see the spirit. The deep deep strength that shines through. I have to just know it will carry her through this time of holocaust and we will emerge on the other side. It will take time and there will be days of remembrance but her spirit will not be silenced.

She is going to CYO camp in celebration of the beginning of maintence. She is returning to Camp Hamilton and will be with Whitney. She is so excited to be able to return. They will not be doing horses but will be able to enjoy the other activities. It it scheduled for the 14th of August to the 20th. Those were the days we first began this process. I think it is important to replace bad memories with good ones.

We will remember this time with great wonder. We will remember the good and the bad. But the most of all we will remember. We must always remember so we don't forget to count our blessings and know that we can be survivors, true survivors.

Remember.......................

No comments: