Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The Day Looks Gray but then we know the Sun will Eventually Shine

I knew everything that was in the article printed yesterday. Each and every drug has a list of problems that would make a chain of side affects that circled the world. Each and every drug that is given to treat the side affects has a similar list of side affects. It is an endless cycle. I just hate seeing my worst fears in such a concise litany.

The reality of the situation is that we have no choice. We started down this path, not by choice but we stay on it by choice. We cannot stop once started, we have to keep working toward the end goal. We are going to finish this course of treatment. We will do it with a good attitude and sprinkle it with hope.

It doesn't in any way alieve the deep sadness that I feel about M-E's chances for a long happy life. It makes me so sad because I know what a special person she is and how much she has to offer to everyone and to the world. It is what it is. I have no control over the outcome. I can only be here for her and know that I have done what I could for the best outcome. I know there are no guarantees about anything so that is not the focus. It has to be making the moment count.

Letting God and the universe do what it will. Understanding that we have no control give us more focus on what we can change and affect. We don't need to fight against the roaring sea but go along for a ride.

Now I have to go and take a shower and try and earn my keep because I can do something good in that arena.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are brilliant. Together you and ME are perfection.