Blog Archive

Friday, May 13, 2005

Oh dear, another Friday the 13th

Here we are 9 months. This is the first Friday the 13th that we have had since last August. I am trying to ignore it but there is this underlying rumble in my head. Friday the 13th....... Friday the 13th............................

9 Months. We simply continue in our new lives. Each moment that passes is a moment further into the world of remission. Remission, I have decided that I don't like that word. Remission means that the cancer is gone but......... there is no way to know if it is going to come back. Remission is a word that we all crave at the beginning but now I want to hear the word "Cure". It will not be in our vocabulary for a very very long time.

I was wasting my time on Second Life last night and M-E came out of the bedroom and was crying. She had had a nightmare about the cancer returning. I hugged her and did what I could to tell her it would be alright. Hugs are good things.

She is a fighter and no matter how far down she falls, she fights back to reestablish her life. She is like one of those bouncy clowns that you can hit and hit and they come back upright just like nothing is wrong. At least on the outside.

We have a week of no appointments coming up. It is going to be nice to not spend time at the hospital. I am looking forward to the time we are free from our town arrest for a whole month. I am just like a kid the week before Christmas. I can see the decorations going up but I still have more school to attend and other things to do before the real date. If everything goes as planned, We will be done the last of July. This will be the first summer I have wanted to go quickly.

M-E asked for an Invisible Fence for her birthday for Sadie. We are having it installed. They came out early this week to have a look at the yard and make the plan. Yesterday they came back to "train" Sadie. It won't take much training. First she snapped at the nice lady as she tried to put the collar of torture on her. Sadie was then given little bits of cheese until she was within range of the cattle prod( signal emmiter). She received the warning signal, ignored it and was "bitten" by the collar. She ran and climbed on the couch and would not go on to the rug for a very long time. She would not go back to the nice lady for any amount of cheese.

The Fence is to be installed on the 24th. Check in for updates on the progress. Does anyone know the name of a good Pet psychiatrist?

The houses across the street are both sold but to my mother's delight, the workman keep coming. the new neighbor's will keep her occupied for a long time. I don't know who enjoys the front window's more, Sadie or Mom.

Dear God, please make this Friday the 13th less eventful than the last.

No comments: