Blog Archive

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Barbie Cake Anxiety






Isabel turns 4 today. When asked what she wants, the answer if CAKE. Not just once, but each time. So we are making a Barbie cake. I had made one for M-E and still had the skirt shaped pan.
5:50 A.M.

I was up early because our ever viligent watch dog was also up. She mentioned several times last night that the raccoon was visiting.(Another Story). The cake is in the oven. The only apparent problem right now is having something long enough to check if it is done. I don't have a natural broom but I will punt. Next step is to ease it out of the pan. I have another mix if this fails.

7:03 A. M. We have the cake, out of the pan.................Yeah.

10:00 A.M. Leave for the "OH my God have you ever seen so much stuff to make cakes with store". It is the home of all known colors, cake pans and cake toppers. I did not check to see if they had any for the alternate life style weddings. Anyway. We purchased a color called Electric Pink. Is is truly shocking.

11:15 A. M. Dog dropped off, coffee and great pastry purchased, no Skipper. When did they quit making Skipper? There is a new Ken looking doll but I don't think this new one would look good in a Skirt especially one that is Electric pink ( Old Ken Maybe) Well we settled for Theresa, she is a brown haired Barbie. So Home. Well Guess what, Barbie is too big. Her legs won't tear off , can you imagine. And so Must Amputate. Did you know Barbie's legs are sold. They snap nicely when scored with a saw. So Doll in Cake, Decorating begins. Needless to say, there is sticky stuff all over the house. The results are just amazing. I am not sure if anyone can eat this much pink and purple and live to tell about it but we will let you know.

No comments: