Blog Archive

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Cook Books

I love them. I buy them. I read them. I pack them up. I never use them. I have discovered they can be useful. I will be needing them these next 40 days.

I gave up take-out and fast food for Lent. I am going to cook. I am going to take that next step back to real life. I know how, I kind of excel in fact. I guess I have to just do it. It did occur to me that I don't need to make up a new recipe every time I cook dinner. I could follow one for once. What a concept.

I find that the hardest part of the cooking thing is deciding what to have. So I have decided. Tonight we are having Pecan Crusted Chicken, asparagus and baked Sweet Potatoes or Garnet Yams. I think I can pull dinner together without going to the store. I just love that.

I might actually look in the cook books and do some planning. What a novel idea! Maybe I could bring some order to my kitchen. Oh, maybe I need to go find a new cookbook and buy a new stove and maybe go to
Whole Foods for new spices and find one of those terracotta cookers with a cone and a hole in the top. I need my knives shapened and a new apron and perhaps a blender............... See maybe giving up take-out and fast food was not such a grand idea.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ok, are you REALLY cooking? I haven't cooked consistently at home for years.