Blog Archive

Monday, June 26, 2006

Trips

They come in many forms. They are forms of travel or sometimes a bad moment of dis-coordination. They often lead us to more than we expect or stop us from doing what we expect.

We just returned from Walla-Walla late last night. Does anyone know where Walla-Walla is? It is not a little bit beyond Yakima....

It was a pleasant drive, beautiful scenery. Little or no traffic. Easy to find the Hotel, there is nothing in the town that tall. A cute downtown. Good Mexican Food. We did not get up the nerve to try the Chinese.

M-E had "tripped" just before we left. She sprained her ankle getting out the boat at crew. Don't ask, I guess it is possible. So she was in pain and forced to stay at a hotel with no pool and no room service.

A good time was had by all. I made them go the Whitman Mission sight. They now appreciate their lives a bit more. What a life. Mary-E did not want to go to see where someone tried to force a new culture on others. I think she learned that we know that is not a good thing because it has been tried and failed.

See, Life is full of Trips.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thing you didn't try the Chinese restaurant - they may have remembered me. I have a story to tell about that and my Aunt Hazel -from my childhood. A good one at that.