Blog Archive

Friday, June 02, 2006

Mary-Elizabeth's speech for Graduation

I have been at St. JoeÂ’s since I was in Kindergarten. This has been my second home. I have loved my time here and it will be sad as we move on.
I loved Mrs. Smart. I loved the pajama party, the Thanksgiving Feast and the Teddy Bear Picnic.
I loved when we were big first Graders and Ms. Garrety taught us to read and we were able to go to Bainbridge Island.
I loved second grade, even thought I might have talked to much.
I loved third grade when we had the new teacher Mr. Lacktrup even he was such a good teacher even thought it was his first years.
I loved fourth grade when we had Mrs. Sullivan and she kept us so busy learning and writing and working on math.
I loved Ms. Dumas and getting to earn points for the end of the year auction.
I loved Mr. Miller. He was so quiet and only had cookies for breakfast.
I hated 7th grade when I got leukemia. I hated not being in school and seeing my friends, I hated feel so scared and so sick all the time but that is when I really learned to love St. Joes.
I loved that my classmates sent me cards and came to our house for service days. I loved that Mr. Boyle came to drop off dinner three of 4 times a week. I loved that the teachers came and worked with me at home. I loved that they made it possible to do work over the summer so I would notbehindd. I loved the cards and picture that came from everyone. I loved that people called over the summer.
I really loved that I had a chance to be here for 8th grade.
I love that we have had such a good year. We have all worked so hard to get ready to leave. I love that we are ready to go but I really love that we have had 9 great years together.
I think what I love the most about S.t Joes is that we will always have the history of being here. This will always be our first and best home. We know we can always come back. And let the 7th graders know, we will be back to see the passion play next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

St Joes, your mother, and your beautiful contenance have made you a wonderful, complete person.