Blog Archive

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Letter to Mary-Elizabeth

Over the years I have written letters to Mary-Elizabeth to be read at some point in the future. While they are hit and miss, I generally send them on her birthday and mine. Here is the one I did this year. Since she does not read the blog, I figure it is safely tucked into the envelope with the special stamp and the fun sparkels inside.


Dear Mary-Elizabeth;
53 years ago I entered this world and changed the lives of Grandma and Grampa. 14 years ago you changed my life. These were huge changes but they were wonderful changes. Never would I go back to those days of being childless. Children only make your life full of MORE
More love
More laughter
More work
More joy
More sorrow and worry
More contentment
More pride
More worry
More smiles
More messes in the kitchen
More Wonder at the important things
More chances to read great books like Good Night Moon
More kittens and puppies
More Christmas Lights
More Fancy Dinners
More Valentines
More "I love yous"
More excuses to be silly
More chances to look at the stars and moons
More chances to tell stories
More times to play CandyLand
More times to watch the ballet recitals
More chances to find cloud animals
More chances to go see the Nutcracker
More chances to eat Cotton Candy

More worry but it is worth every moment

I might be 53 but I am MORE because of you.

No comments: