Blog Archive

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Snow and other Quandrys


Snow is predicted and a few bits and pieces are falling. I am always amazed at how we react to snow and warning of snow. I was raised in a part of the world that snow was common. I was M-E's age and driving in the snow in a large full sized station wagon. I never had a wreck. I did slide off the road a couple of times but then there were people around that knew how to get us back on the road. They use the word snow here and everyone hunkers down for the long winter.

We have been hunkered down for a long time. The enormity of the length of our siege is catching up with me. I don't know how long it is going to take for us to not feel like every little snow flake is a return to the blizzard. Dr. Tracy told me that we would not experience a little flurry, we would have a full fledged Norw ester on steroids. So for now we will just work on enjoying a few flakes and settle in for what ever is in store for us down the road.

No comments: