Blog Archive

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Looking and Seeing




Look..... Look..... Look, a word that echoed through my childhood. Come see.... We didn't have a TV so we played games, read books and looked out the window at the birds, clouds, trees, or the weird neighbors. It didn't seem to matter.

Girls came over today to bake. For some reason M-E wanted to have them over to bake. We had a bunch of stuff left over from the Christmas baking that did not happen. So they arrived and they baked. Now when more than one 14 year old is in the kitchen, only limited baking happens. So one pan of 7 layer bars and a cheese cake. A movie has been attended and some art work has been produced. The dogs have been walked and fed and then lots of talking.

I found myself saying Look....... as the birds arrived. I found that Look still works and still has the same power. They all came to the window and we had a short bird lesson. After the moment, they went back to the "baking" and chatting and I took a moment to look. I saw 4 girls lost in the chat of girls. I saw smiles and heard laughter. I saw "Normal". I loved that I did not have to look very far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look who has lots of hair (besides the dog of course) and look who looks good!